Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mucus Plugs? Seriously?

So. I'm off to a Baby Shower today for someone I barely know. I really really like this person and I'm happy that she's happy about the baby on the way. The real reason I am going is to support my best friend, who like me, is also not a mother. They are close friends and she knows its the right thing to go, but seriously... Baby Showers for women like us are TORTURE.

Stories about the water breaking, etc. are standard fare but the last one of these I went to got graphic. As time goes on and discussions about bodily functions become more acceptable in our modern culture, the more gruesome these parties have become.

What am I specifically talking about? Mucus Plugs. I have been attending Baby Showers for at least 20 years now and last year was the 1st time I had EVER HEARD of this phenomenom. Honestly, I wish it has stayed that way. If they start in on it today, I will barf.

Also, whilst shopping for presents yesterday I noticed a darling little marketing technique for pacifiers. They have that cute little Gerber baby picture on there and then a big flag at the top happliy letting New Moms know that these pacifiers are specifically designed to help prevent SIDS. Congrats on the new baby! I hope he doesn't die in his sleep. Jesus C#%*....

It's noon. Thank God. I already need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment