Friday, October 9, 2009

It's been 2 months since he died

My beloved step-father passed away on August 10th and everything is different now.

Five days after his death, my sister left her very ill husband and moved in with my mother.

Since then, we have had a Memorial BBQ for him that no one but the immediate family came to, we found out my sister is growing pot in my step-dad's tomatoe hot house, they have purchased 3 dogs online, given my sister's EX husband $15,000 to save his failing coffee shop (his 5th failed business in 10 years) and through it all I haven't received one message from them except for some drunk/high text messages from my sister the other night.

My husband has gone out of town to a seminar where his phone will be turned off and he will be out of contact. It's just me and the doggies this weekend.

I think I will go to Discovery Park and find my sister's grave. The weather has been just beautiful lately. No rain, no clouds hardly... just a deep, periwinkle blue sky as the perfect background with the leaves changing colors and the pinecones on the fir trees are really brown, too. The perfect setting for a visit to a graveyard.

1 comment:

  1. I love graveyards. Even from a young age I found comfort in their ethereal solitude. Unlike others with a morbid curiosity about the dead, I was drawn to the graves by a need to experience, if only briefly, their quiet serenity.

    I hope you find what you're looking for this weekend...I'll be thinking about you and sending warm happy thoughts, and lots of hugs just in case you need 'em. :)

    ~b.xo

    ReplyDelete